these are thoughts planted in our disillusioned head. from hollywood. we blame hollywood for everything. in fact maybe we should just start citing any personal/social/professional shortcomings on "hollywood?"
maybe we were just daydreaming of meeting orlando bloom just as kirsten dunst did on that plane? maybe it's not our faults we are not lucky in love. maybe it's hollywood that screws with our head. to the point that we actually think that our Tom Hanks is waiting in a park with his dog on a beautiful sunny day or that the drunken kiss/night in a bar actually held more significance than just a blacked out memory (on his behalf- of course. "ladies" never blackout). whatever. can't live with them, can live without them.
reasons why it would suck huge *ss to be a flight attendent:
1) most likely would've been stationed in Baltimore, Oakland, or Vegas (eeww, ewww, and ewwwwww!). would be "on call" for 5 months while stationed there. if you mess up your "on call" more than twice, you're canned.
2) you only get paid while you're in the air. which means you make $18 and hour and $2.15 on the ground- anytime you're away from your home base. they make $30-40k.
3) you can get hired, then get fired if you don't pass a series of tests through training. training is in dallas and is unpaid for one month. after that, you may be relocated to a base within 1 month, 2 months, or 6-7 months depending on their needs. who can do that?
4) you never work with the same crew. you're always switching around.
5) no further reasons, this is the conclusion: no way no how, not ever not now.